Are you or your students having trouble accessing your STEM Online NZ course content through Auckland University’s Canvas portal?
Here are some things to check first:
- Did you complete the registration process prior to April 2020, or specifically request to use the Canvas system? If not, you may be registered for the simpler Articulate Online direct access to our courses, rather than the Canvas system.
- If you are using the Canvas system, you should have both self-registered with The University of Auckland to obtain a username and password, as well as contacting the STEM Online NZ team to enrol in the course you wish to access.
- Make sure you are trying to access the resources by logging in at https://canvas.auckland.ac.nz/, using The University of Auckland username and password you set up during the self-registration process.
- Are you having problems with your password? You can change or reset it here (for more information go to the Change or reset your password page).
- Make sure popup windows are enabled on your browser (this is necessary as your course content will open in a new window).
- Is your class using shared devices in a computer room to access STEM Online NZ courses? In this situation we recommend getting all students to access Canvas using an incognito or private browser window. Clearing the cookies and cache can also help (see below for instructions).
If you are still having issues, try the following:
Log into CANVAS using an incognito or private browser window
This will provide a browser session without any prior browsing or search history, associated browser cookies, or other factors that may interfere with the browser.
(Note: If you are able to view and participate in Canvas using an incognito or private browser window, the problems you are experiencing are likely related to the browser and not Canvas.)
To open an incognito window, start Chrome and click the wrench icon in the top right corner of the screen. Click New Incognito Window and start browsing.
For Internet Explorer:
To launch InPrivate Browsing in Internet Explorer, click on Settings > Safety > InPrivate Browsing.
To enable private browsing in Firefox, click on the hamburger icon at the top right and then select New Private Window.
Clear cookies and cache and try logging in again
Instructions on how to do this can be found in the links below:
Log into CANVAS using a different browser
The preferred browser is Google Chrome but using the most up to date version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Edge is also fine.
Browsers supported by CANVAS:
Still having problems?
Please email our Project Coordinator with as many details as possible: What are you trying to do and how? What is happening? Sending screenshots of any error messages will help us identify the cause of the problem.